COMPLETLY REVISED 2nd EDITION
The Monks of New Skete advocate the philosophy that "understanding is the key to communication, and compassion with your dog; whether it is a new puppy or an old companion.
The best selling training book has been updated with over 40% new material and new photographs to illustrate the monks internationally acclaimed methods. A must have for any library!!
* A unique, step-by-step obedience course for your dog.
* Separate chapters covering city, suburban and country dogs.
* An introduction to the valuable art of "inseeing," which will reveal your dog's behavior for what it really is.
* Special professional tips on how to achieve an honest and effective two-way communication with your dog.
* UPDATED photographs and drawings of dogs and dog-training procedures.
* The proper techniques for complete care of your pet at every stage of life
"Honest and effective comunication serves as the foundation for more advanced and constructive interaction." "Your efforts to key into another being- your dog- to read its reactions and to register nuances of its behavior can highten your ability to empathize with all God's creatures." Intro to: How To Be Your Dog's Best Friend.