This complete guide, illustrated with more than 80 photographs, explains the stages of puppy development, how to communicate with your pup how to begin a complete training program, and how to deal with common problems like chewing, jumping up, and paper-training. The Art of Raising A Puppy is an essential source of wisdom, information, and inspiration for anyone who loves and cares for a puppy.
* The stages of puppy development.
* The decision to adopt a puppy.
* The right breed for you.
* Where to get a puppy.
* Finding a dog breeder.
* Preparing for your puppy's arrival.
* The first day at home.
* Learning to read your dog.
* A complete guide to basic training methods.
* Solutions to common puppy problems.
* Feeding, grooming and general care.
We have learned that our monastic environment offers us a unique perspective. Here we are forced to reexamine our attitudes about everything, including dogs. We are constantly challenged to become more open to the language dogs use to comunicate with us."
The Art of Raising a Puppy